Get a Library Card
Sign up for a library card and explore all that the Southeast Arkansas Regional Library has to offer!
If you have any questions or need to update your card information, contact your local branch library.
Please report lost cards immediately. Responsibility for all lost or damaged materials charged to a card rests with the registered patron. There is a $2 replacement fee for lost cards.
How to Get Started
A personal library card is free to any individual who lives in Bradley, Chicot, Desha, Drew or Lincoln Counties. Completion of an application and proof of residence is required.
Proof of Residence
Acceptable documents for proving residence are driver’s license, utility and tax bills; checkbooks, letters from employers, rental managers or the equivalent.
Special Card Types
- Children & Teens
- Children under 18 are required to have a parent or guardian sign their application.
- An individual, who is a resident of Arkansas may make an application to use the Southeast Arkansas Regional Library as a non-region resident. Completion of an application, proof of residence, and payment of a $20.00 per year fee is required. This fee will cover the entire family.
- Anyone can register for a 1-time guest pass for use of public computers only. Photo I.D. will be required for this pass.
Using Your Library Card
You can log into your online account to:
- Place items on hold
- Renew items
- See what you have checked out and when items are due
- See what you have on hold and where you are on the waiting list
- Check outstanding bills
Your LOGIN is your LIBRARY CARD NUMBER.
Your PASSWORD is your PIN.
What is my PIN/Password?
The PIN (Personal Identification Number) is a personal code assigned to every user in the system. You can use your PIN to place a hold, renew materials, and review your account.
If you forgot your PIN, you may request a new one by contacting your local branch library or use the Online Chat feature.
If you don’t have a PIN yet and/or we don’t have a valid email address on file, we can set one up for you the next time you’re in the library or call your local branch and can assign a temporary pin for your account.
Holds, Renewals, and Loan Periods
If the library owns an item, but it is currently checked out, you can reserve the item by putting a hold on it. Some new titles are in high demand and have long lists of patrons on hold. You can place holds in person, by telephone, or online. After notification, materials will be held for 7 days.
You can renew items in person at any of the library branches, by phone, or online.
To renew items online, log in to your account with your library card number and PIN.
You’ll see a list of checked out items. Choose the ones you want to renew—new due dates will appear for eligible items immediately.
You may renew most items twice unless someone is waiting for it. You cannot renew DVDs and Library of Things items online.
How many items you can check out, how long you can keep items, and how often you can renew vary based on the item type. Please note that items other patrons have on hold cannot be renewed, even if under the limit listed here. Borrowing guidelines for all library materials include:
- Books (limit 10)-2 weeks, renew 2 times.
- DVDs (limit 5)-1 week, no renewals.
- Audiobooks (limit 10)-2 weeks, renew 2 times.
- Talking Books (limit 2)-2 weeks, no renewals.
- Binge Box (limit 1)-1 week, no renewals.
- Public Computers-2 hours, may be expanded
- Library of Things Items-1 week, no renewals.