Come in and fill out a short form and show some identification with a current address and we will make you a library card on the spot.
Any resident within the 5 counties can sign up for a free Southeast Arkansas Regional Library card.
To get a library card, bring the following to any of our library locations:
- A current photo ID
- Proof of permanent address
Acceptable forms include:
- billing statement received at the address
- check with printed address
- voter registration card
- rental agreement
- car registration form
- proof of property tax
- An individual, who is a resident of Arkansas may make an application to use the Southeast Arkansas Regional Library as a non-region resident. Completion of an application, proof of residence, and payment of a $20.00 per year fee are required. This fee will cover the entire family.
Library cards come up for renewal every 2 years. Cards can be renewed in person or by calling your local library.
If your card was misplaced or stolen, report it immediately to the library. A $2 fee will be charged to replace lost cards. Identification is required to replace a lost or stolen card.
These are the current guidelines for checking out materials:
- Books (limit 10)-2 weeks, 2 renewals, a fine of 10¢ per day.
- DVDs (limit 3)-1 week, no renewals, a fine of $1.00 per day.
- Audiobooks (limit 6)-2 weeks, 2 renewals, a fine of 10¢ per day.
- Talking Books (limit 6)-2 weeks, no renewals, fine of 10¢ per day.
- Binge Box (limit 1)-1 week, no renewals, fine of $1.00 per day.
- Public Computers-2 hours, may be extended.
- Library of Things Items-1 week, no renewals.
We prefer that you do, but if you forget, we can look up your card if you have other forms of identification.
Most items check out for two weeks. Media items and materials from other libraries may have different due dates.
Yes, unless the materials are on hold for someone else. Items will renew for two weeks. You can renew by clicking on My Account located at the top of the website or by calling your local branch.
Items that are not on hold may be renewed a maximum of two times by phone or online by logging into My Account. After the renewal limit is reached, materials should be returned to the library.
Fill out our Request A Title form if you would like to recommend an item for us to purchase to add to our collection. If your suggestion is chosen, your name will be placed on hold for the item. There is a limit of three (3) suggestions per person per calendar month.
Your PIN is a numerical personal identification number, which acts as a security code for using your library card, and is necessary to log into some of our services. If you need to change your PIN, call your local branch or stop in any branch library to speak to a staff member. In addition, you may change your PIN in My Account.
If an item you want from the Southeast Arkansas Regional Library is checked out, you can claim a spot in line to check out the item by placing a hold. Once your turn in the queue arrives, library staff will locate the item and have it waiting for you on the Reserves shelf at your preferred location.
You can place a hold on an item in person or online through My Account.
You can pay fees and fines in person at any branch library.
These are the Southeast Arkansas Regional Library's fines and fees:
- Overdue fines
- Books – 10¢ per day, per book ($6.00 max fine) Juvenile patrons do NOT collect fines.
- DVDs/Binge Boxes - $1.00 a day, per DVD/Binge Box ($6.00 max fine)
- Chromebooks/Laptop Computers - $5.00 a day
- Lost/Damaged Item Fees
- Lost item fees will remain.
- Items will be considered lost if they are not returned within 90 days of their due date.
- Notice will be given at least one week before an item is considered lost.
- Lost and damaged item fees range depending on the item.